You Want to Work Here
We love our work, and it shows. We collaborate and connect to build great relationships, a great culture, and a stellar product.
The Good Stuff
Benefits and perks? We’ve got you covered.
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006.
We cover a portion of medical, dental, vision, and life, plus lots of supplemental jazz.
We offer unlimited PTO, work from home, and flex hours. Night owls & early birds will fit right in.
We’ve got a cozy, 5 house campus in downtown Austin stocked with goodies. Dress is casual, fur babies welcome.
Radicals get $3,000 per year to use carte blanche on personal and professional development.
We take work seriously, but not so much ourselves. We like to have fun and we love a good themed event.
Whether it’s at our all hands meetings or during your 1-on-1 with the CEO, we’re sharing info and asking for feedback.
There’s a family feeling here. We are Square Root and we support each other during every stage of life.
Does this sound like you?
Our values encourage innovation, empathy, collaboration, and learning. They’re the way we interact with the world and makeup the kind of folks we like to hire.
Think Big, Do Bigger
Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
Be Customer Inspired
Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
Office + HR Coordinator
We’re looking for an office + HR coordinator with a genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. You’ll keep our office running smoothly day to day and have a big hand in the fun stuff like perks and events. Each day here presents its own challenges, so, we need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task whether it’s keeping us caffeinated or planning our next company meeting.
- Own office management, vendor relationships, and employee morale
- Keep our office areas clean, orderly, and fully stocked with supplies
- Assist with meeting + event planning, including monthly happy hours and team lunches
- Take ownership of our office amenities like snacks and wellness perks
- Tackle HR coordination such as payroll, benefits, and compliance
- Be ready to grow with us!
- You’re interested in HR and Business Operations
- You’ve worked in a customer service role
- You’re innately curious and fanatical about learning
- You’re positive, caring, and always ready to pitch in and help
- You’re self-motivated + have a knack for bringing folks together on a problem
- You’re a stellar communicator and aren’t afraid to pipe up with your feedback
- You’ve got an eye for details and inclination for quick execution
- You’re genuine + bring integrity and a respect for confidentiality
Sound like your kind of gig? Apply now!
We are Square Root, a bootstrapped SaaS company in Austin, Texas, nationally recognized for our award-winning culture. We unlock the power of data for the world’s leading automotive and retail brands with our store relationship management platform, CoEFFICIENT®. Powered by predictive analytics, AI, and machine learning, CoEFFICIENT delivers actionable insights that drive performance. Nissan, Infiniti, Volkswagen, and Subaru are among the giants that rely on Square Root to enable the agility required for long-term success in retail today.
We’re looking for a stellar engineer to help us build our platform CoEFFICIENT. As an engineer at Square Root, you’ll be collaborating with people from different teams while thinking about how people will use what you’re building, so empathy, approachability, and listening are important parts of the job! Working in an agile environment means a willingness to learn and adapt are vital to success. You should be two steps ahead, planning for scaling, thinking about how your code would interact with other systems, and understanding how your work affects the product and our vision. At the end of the day, our software engineers like to solve problems and believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest path when it comes to difficult challenges. Interested? Keep reading!
- You love to code. You understand basic design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You’ve graduated with a 4 year Computer Science degree
- You have 3+ years work experience in software engineering, in both frontend and backend, and you’re willing to pitch in where help is needed.
- You know that tech is dynamic and you have a thirst for learning and understanding current development best practices, trends, and techniques.
- We’re not married to a particular tech or set of tools. Right now we’re using AngularJS, Ruby, REST, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), so experience in any of those areas would benefit you!
- You’re all about digging into complex problems and don’t hesitate to grab a colleague when the going gets tough.
- You’re a team player. You ask questions, are clear with your expectations, and pitch in wherever you can.
- You’ve got grit and the resilience to push forward, even when things don’t go as planned.
- You have a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Sound like your kind of gig? Apply now!
Let's Keep in Touch
If we’re not hiring for your jam, but you’re interested in Square Root – send us your stuff here! This will get you in the mix for future gigs. We’re always looking to meet stellar folks that just might be future radicals! To help us identify the best place for you please add a cover letter with your resume. We want to know the basic 411 on you and what you’re looking for!
We hire for Customer Success, Data Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Enterprise Sales, HR, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
If we think there could be a fit at Square Root now or in the future we’ll drop you a line!
Meet the Team
Hear it straight from our radicals (aka the great folks of Square Root)!
Culture Is Our Passion
We believe it’s important to create a great place to work. Our investment in our culture is award-winning! Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work named us the #2 Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S. and we’ve made their lists for great workplaces for women, technology, and flexibility.