You Want to Work Here
We love our work, and it shows. We collaborate and connect to build great relationships, a great culture, and a stellar product.
The Good Stuff
Benefits and perks? We’ve got you covered.
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006.
We cover a portion of medical, dental, vision, and life, plus lots of supplemental jazz.
We offer unlimited PTO, work from home, and flex hours. Night owls & early birds will fit right in.
We’ve got a cozy, 5 house campus in downtown Austin stocked with goodies. Dress is casual, fur babies welcome.
Radicals get $3,000 per year to use carte blanche on personal and professional development.
We take work seriously, but not so much ourselves. We like to have fun and we love a good themed event.
Whether it’s at our all hands meetings or during your 1-on-1 with the CEO, we’re sharing info and asking for feedback.
There’s a family feeling here. We are Square Root and we support each other during every stage of life.
Does this sound like you?
Our values encourage innovation, empathy, collaboration, and learning. They’re the way we interact with the world and makeup the kind of folks we like to hire.
Think Big, Do Bigger
Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We’re critical thinkers with a bias for action and an appetite for impact. We continually iterate to deliver smarter direction and better software.
Be Customer Inspired
Our customers’ biggest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We invest the time to understand what will make our customers successful so that we can deliver what’s best, not just what’s expected.
We operate with a partnership mindset, because we know we’re only as strong as our relationships. We go above and beyond to help our customers and one another succeed.
We revere personal drive, growth, and balance. It’s everyone’s responsibility to make our working environment motivating and fulfilling. We celebrate individual and team successes. And, sometimes, we just celebrate.
Our developers power the software that makes Square Root a successful company. Working in small scrum teams, developers focus on fast iterations to deliver value to our clients. Our developers’ extensive design and engineering experience are critical to the quality of our products and our ability to deliver elegant, highly scalable solutions. Although our primary focus is enterprise-class web development on an open source stack, our developers also get to dig into complex data representations and other technologies within a service-oriented architecture. We depend on our developers to be highly collaborative within the engineering group as well as with product managers and data scientists so that Square Root defines and delivers the best solution possible.
If you have a passion for excellence, both in the code and the value it delivers to the user, you might be just who we’re looking for. Give us a shout!
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- A thirst for learning and understanding current development best practices, trends, and techniques
- Strength in full-stack web application development
- Experience in Ruby on Rails or strong interest to learn it
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and iterative delivery cycles
- UI/UX design experience a plus
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivation and an internal drive to produce high-quality work
Front End Software Engineer
If you’d like the chance to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and build our client-side web apps using Angular and related technologies
- Plan for enterprise scale and performance, improving quality and maintainability as you go
- Collaborate with the Design team to transform vision into great user experience
- Collaborate with the Customer Success and Product teams to identify and deliver the value in our products
- Share best practices and mentor others on the Engineering team in the areas where you’re an expert
- Learn and grow, picking up new technologies and patterns as the product and the industry evolves. While experience is not required, you will be working with Angular 4, ECMAScript 6, TypeScript 2.2, Webpack and Yarn talking to a RESTful API
- You love to code. You understand basic design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- You’re comfortable with enterprise web applications using current unit and integration test frameworks. You understand asynchronous requests, asset pipelines, browser rendering, and page load optimization
- You make the people around you better
- You’re a good communicator, positive, with a bias for action
Technical Program Manager
We’re always looking for great folks to join our Radical team! Our Customer Success group is no exception. We’re redefining Customer Success at Square Root by not only delighting customers but also transforming them into advocates of Square Root and our product, CoEFFICIENT. Through identifying, measuring and focusing on successful business outcomes, we develop lasting client relationships. Based on our sales forecast we’ll amp up hiring for this team in Q4 2017 so we want to connect with stellar technical program managers now. Intrigued? Keep reading!
Our technical program managers collaborate with customers + internal teams to deliver business value through our software + services. In this role, you’ll tackle client integration + customization of our products, training, project planning, contract management, and software delivery. To do this, you’ll collaborate with teams from across Square Root. One day you may work with Data Science to find the root cause of and creative solutions to real business problems. The next you’ll be using your unique customer insights to prove a hypothesis through experimentation or help inform our Product team’s roadmap. In each interaction, you’re the voice of the customer and essential to project success and helping our customers reach their goals!
Here’s what we think makes a successful Technical Program Manager:
- You’ve got 4+ years of experience as a product manager or program manager for a software company
- You’re experienced in managing client expectations + increasing client satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- You know how to nurture a client for advocacy and work to expand their use cases
- You’re a thoughtful communicator with clear and concise verbal and written skills
- You’re analytically-minded and love to solve complex problems
- You have a deep understanding of and passion for great user experience
- You’ve got experience working within and adapting to technical teams
- Computer Science degree or previous technical experience is a plus
Dig it? Submit your stuff today! We’ll let you know if we think there’s a potential fit for this role + keep you in the loop on timing.
- This role includes traveling up to twice a month for a few days at a time.
- Please apply with a cover letter that details why you’re a fit for the role and Square Root!
Let's Keep in Touch
If we’re not hiring for your jam, but you’re interested in Square Root – send us your stuff here! This will get you in the mix for future gigs. We’re always looking to meet stellar folks that just might be future radicals! To help us identify the best place for you please add a cover letter with your resume. We want to know the basic 411 on you and what you’re looking for!
We hire for Customer Success, Data Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Enterprise Sales, HR, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
If we think there could be a fit at Square Root now or in the future we’ll drop you a line!
Meet the Team
Hear it straight from our radicals (aka the great folks of Square Root)!
Culture Is Our Passion
We believe it’s important to create a great place to work. Our investment in our culture is award-winning! Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work named us the #2 Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S. and we’ve made their lists for great workplaces for women, technology, and flexibility.