You Want to Work Here
We love our work, and it shows. We collaborate and connect to build great relationships, a great culture, and a stellar product.
The Good Stuff
Benefits and perks? We’ve got you covered.
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006.
We cover a portion of medical, dental, vision, and life, plus lots of supplemental jazz.
We offer unlimited PTO, work from home, and flex hours. Night owls & early birds will fit right in.
We’ve got a cozy, 5 house campus in downtown Austin stocked with goodies. Dress is casual, fur babies welcome.
Radicals get $3,000 per year to use carte blanche on personal and professional development.
We take work seriously, but not so much ourselves. We like to have fun and we love a good themed event.
Whether it’s at our all hands meetings or during your 1-on-1 with the CEO, we’re sharing info and asking for feedback.
There’s a family feeling here. We are Square Root and we support each other during every stage of life.
Does this sound like you?
Our values encourage innovation, empathy, collaboration, and learning. They’re the way we interact with the world and makeup the kind of folks we like to hire.
Think Big, Do Bigger
Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
Be Customer Inspired
Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
Front End Software Engineer
If you’d like the chance to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and build our client-side web apps using Angular, React, and related technologies
- Plan for enterprise scale and performance, improving quality and maintainability as you go
- Collaborate with the Design team to transform vision into great user experience
- Collaborate with the Customer Success and Product teams to identify and deliver the value in our products
- Share best practices and mentor others on the Engineering team in the areas where you’re an expert
- Learn and grow, picking up new technologies and patterns as the product and the industry evolves. While experience is not required, you’ll be working with Angular, ECMAScript 6, Webpack, Gulp, Jasmine/Karma, React, and RESTful API
- You love to code. You understand basic design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- You’re comfortable using current testing frameworks to build rock solid enterprise level web applications
- You care about performance and how it impacts the customer experience
- You’re self-motivated and have a knack for bringing folks together on a problem
- You’re innately curious and fanatical about learning, especially when it comes to understanding dev best practices, community trends, and techniques
- You’re positive, adaptable, and always ready to pitch in and help
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way we’ve added a slew of benefits + perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, office hours, or vacation policy
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Cozy campus of five 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let's Keep in Touch
If we’re not hiring for your jam, but you’re interested in Square Root – send us your stuff here! This will get you in the mix for future gigs. We’re always looking to meet stellar folks that just might be future radicals! To help us identify the best place for you please add a cover letter with your resume. We want to know the basic 411 on you and what you’re looking for!
We hire for Customer Success, Data Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Enterprise Sales, HR, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
If we think there could be a fit at Square Root now or in the future we’ll drop you a line!
Meet the Team
Hear it straight from our radicals (aka the great folks of Square Root)!
Culture Is Our Passion
We believe it’s important to create a great place to work. Our investment in our culture is award-winning! Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work named us the #2 Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S. and we’ve made their lists for great workplaces for women, technology, and flexibility.