You Want to Work Here
We love our work, and it shows. We collaborate and connect to build great relationships, a great culture, and a stellar product.
Benefits and perks? We’ve got you covered.
Does this sound like you?
Front End Software Engineer
If you’d like the chance to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and build our client-side web apps using Angular and related technologies
- Plan for enterprise scale and performance, improving quality and maintainability as you go
- Collaborate with the Design team to transform vision into great user experience
- Collaborate with the Customer Success and Product teams to identify and deliver the value in our products
- Share best practices and mentor others on the Engineering team in the areas where you’re an expert
- Learn and grow, picking up new technologies and patterns as the product and the industry evolves. While experience is not required, you will be working with Angular 4, ECMAScript 6, TypeScript 2.2, Webpack and Yarn talking to a RESTful API
- You love to code. You understand basic design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- You’re comfortable with enterprise web applications using current unit and integration test frameworks. You understand asynchronous requests, asset pipelines, browser rendering, and page load optimization
- You make the people around you better
- You’re a good communicator, positive, with a bias for action
We’re looking for a part-time IT intern with a genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. Our intern will tackle all things IT, including troubleshooting, security, and documentation. Along the way, you’ll learn about networking + WiFi, using Chef – Infrastructure as code, and managing Amazon Web Services to name a few. At the end of the internship, you should have a good snapshot of the IT function plus have a sense for the day to day life at a startup. Each day here presents its own challenges, so, we need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task. Sound like you? If so let’s chat!
- Serve as 1st tier tech support when in office – Windows/Mac/WiFi/Networking/VOIP/G-Suite/Hardware
- Write tickets in JIRA (our issue tracking product)
- Setup, record, and support weekly company presentations
- Move + organize IT equipment and deliveries
- Handle the setup and decommission of laptops
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate degree program preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree with a focus on analytical learning
- Understand Mac, Windows, and/or Linux
- Solid technical foundations in troubleshooting OS software, basic networking, and basic hardware
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, resourceful, and eager to learn
- Level-headed, collaborative, personable, and positive
Let's Keep in Touch
If we’re not hiring for your jam, but you’re interested in Square Root – send us your stuff here! This will get you in the mix for future gigs. We’re always looking to meet stellar folks that just might be future radicals! To help us identify the best place for you please add a cover letter with your resume. We want to know the basic 411 on you and what you’re looking for!
We hire for Customer Success, Data Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Enterprise Sales, HR, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
If we think there could be a fit at Square Root now or in the future we’ll drop you a line!APPLY NOW
Hear it straight from our radicals (aka the great folks of Square Root)!
We believe it’s important to create a great place to work. Our investment in our culture is award-winning! Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work named us the #2 Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S. and we’ve made their lists for great workplaces for women, technology, and flexibility.