You Want to Work Here
We love our work, and it shows. We collaborate and connect to build great relationships, a great culture, and a stellar product.
Benefits and perks? We’ve got you covered.
Does this sound like you?
Square Root is passionate about building innovative, customer-inspired software. We’re looking for a product manager that shares this passion. Interested? Keep reading!
We’re establishing a new product space – Store Relationship Management (SRM) – with our product platform, CoEFFICIENT. Our next product manager will help us hone in on the features that matter most for product-market fit while delivering new value that delights our current customers.
You should enjoy getting out of the building to understand prospect problems and finding innovative solutions. You’ll own a major product area and work with our VP of Product to develop a product vision in line with our business strategy + deliver product requirements to fulfill that vision. You’ll build stellar products through quick iteration and data-driven experimentation. To make it all happen, you’ll need a mix of business and tech savvy as well as the drive to make our vision a reality.
- Refine the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer for your product area and work with marketing to shape our messages
- Evangelize your part of the product internally and externally
- Design and run experiments to validate our product value propositions and design ideas
- Translate high-level vision and roadmap into prioritized user stories
- Partner with an engineering team to deliver value continuously and measure and course-correct along the way
- Optimize our product releases to meet buyer and end user needs
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, product owner, or business analyst
- Experience working with technical teams + the Agile Scrum development methodology
- Experience working with UX designers to build both low and high fidelity prototypes
- Analytically-minded and hypothesis-driven thinker
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of empathy and passion for great user experience
- Enterprise software or SaaS company experience is a nice-to-have
- Technical or business degree is plus
- Please apply with a cover letter.
Customer Success Internship
Our customer success team is the toggle between our non-techie clients and our techie team. They handle new client implementation, account management, training, and everything in between. If it involves one of our users or buyers – they’re on the case! Now, they’re looking for an intern with a genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. Throughout the internship, this person will gain a good snapshot of the customer success function and learn about life at a startup. Each day here presents its own challenges, so, we need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task. Sound like you? If so, let’s chat!
- You’ll be supporting the customer success team. Some days that will mean diving into what feels like senseless data and sharing your findings back to the team. Other times it will be making travel arrangements or planning meetings. Whatever it is you’re excited for any opportunity to learn.
- You should be able to handle ambiguity. Not all tasks will be straightforward. Sometimes we don’t know what we’re looking for, but with a little elbow grease and a lot of research, you’re able to work through it.
- You possess superb verbal and written communication skills. Whether it’s writing user training, documenting product features, or speaking to a user – you’re able to adjust for the audience.
- You’ve held a position that required customer service skills. You’ll be in on customer calls and will often be the point of contact for follow-up. You’ll need to be warm and approachable.
- You have a background in project or event planning. You know the importance of maniacal attention to detail and have the motivation to produce high-quality work.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
- Microsoft Excel chops, preferably with a deep love of pivot tables
- Presentation know how including use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must be in the Austin metro area
- Please apply with a cover letter
Square Root Perks
- Paid. This is an ongoing, part-time, paid internship.
- Flexibility. Our office has no set hours, unlimited time off, and no dress code. This means we can easily work with your class schedule.
- Grow with us. Our internships offer folks the ability to learn how a company works, make an impact, and grow with us. Our past interns have set a pretty high bar, but we’ve seen them start programs still in place, transfer to other teams in the company, and receive full-time offers to name a few.
- Training. Kick off your internship with an immersive onboarding program. You’ll have a 1-on-1 with each department head including our CEO in your first few weeks to learn about their role, how it works in the company, and how you can work with them. + You’ll be invited to our Friday meetings where you’ll hear about a different topic each week.
- Good stuff. Oh and if you’re not already sold – we have lots of free jazz like snacks, drinks, lunches, and bootcamp sessions.
Let's Keep in Touch
If we’re not hiring for your jam, but you’re interested in Square Root – send us your stuff here! This will get you in the mix for future gigs. We’re always looking to meet stellar folks that just might be future radicals! To help us identify the best place for you please add a cover letter with your resume. We want to know the basic 411 on you and what you’re looking for!
We hire for Customer Success, Data Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Enterprise Sales, HR, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
If we think there could be a fit at Square Root now or in the future we’ll drop you a line!APPLY NOW
Hear it straight from our radicals (aka the great folks of Square Root)!
We believe it’s important to create a great place to work. Our investment in our culture is award-winning! Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work named us the #2 Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S. and we’ve made their lists for great workplaces for women, technology, and flexibility.