Aliens, stars, and MoonPies… See it all and more under the Square Root sky on Monday, March 13th from 5-10 p.m. We’re opening up our universe as a host stop for the ATX Startup Crawl at SXSW Presented by Amazon Web Services. Our Radical team is ready to mingle, dance, and orbit the Square Root universe with you. Tom Hanks had, “Houston, we have a problem” and to help you prepare, we’ve come up with a few phrases you’re going to want for a night in outer space with Square Root:
- “Is he a pig? He sure eats like one.” Come eat like E.T.! We’ll have P.Terry’s serving up FREE burgers + fries. We’ve even got noms for vegans and gluten-free folks to refuel. This is Austin after all.
- I’ll do The Moonwalk. Aka a celestial concoction from Drink Slingers with champagne. Don’t limit it to just the drink, rocket over to our dance floor to show off your moves. Or if moonwalking isn’t your thing, try a Cosmo cocktail and request some stellar jams from DJ Gatsby. We’ve also got some local beer and other refreshments, because… options.
- Are my stars aligned? Blast over to our horoscope station to find out if the stars are in your favor. Not into astrology? Don’t worry, we’ve got an astrophysicist on our team as well. With seven new exoplanets, he’s got a lot to say!
- Umm, wow. It’s a flying saucer, it’s a UFO, it’s a…. stilt walker! We’ve got some cosmic entertainment for you. Whether you’re telescoping the Square Root lights, viewing a show from Austin Oddities of LED dancers and contortionists, or posing with a stilt-walking extraterrestrial, you’ll be saying, “Wow”!
- Hi, I’m <insert name here>. Interested in launching a career with us? Say “Hi” to anyone with a starry name badge. Or fly by our recruiting space station to tell us all about you! We’d love to add another Radical to our galaxy.
*Alcohol will be served to anyone 21 and up. Valid I.D.s will be checked at the bar.