You Want to Work Here
We love our work, and it shows. We collaborate and connect to build great relationships, a great culture, and a stellar product.
Benefits and perks? We’ve got you covered.
Does this sound like you?
VP Product Management
We’re establishing a new product space – Store Relationship Management (SRM) – with our product platform, CoEFFICIENT. We need a get-stuff-done product visionary to inspire and motivate Square Root to product/market fit while embracing our Customer-Inspired approach.
We’ve been working in Automotive for 10 years, and launched our Retail vertical last year, so we’re ready to level up our product efforts. We have big problems to solve and a huge green-field market in front of us that’s ours to win.
As VP of Product Management, you’ll set our vision and direction, refine our value proposition, hone our sale pitch, and manage our talented product management and design teams to define and deliver the next generation of CoEFFICIENT.
- Lead CoEFFICIENT from niche product to SRM market leader
- Lead our Product and Design team to thrive
- Rally Radicals across all departments around the product vision
- Bring us together to embrace experimentation, iterate and learn quickly, + improve continuously as we execute against the product roadmap
- Strong background in high-end enterprise SaaS: large deals, big impact, high touch sales, and customer success
- Experience with data-oriented products, and strong aptitude for using data to drive action
- Adeptness at working in a bootstrapped environment with a drive for both growth and ROI accountability
- Understanding of our customers and the business problems in the multi-unit Retail market
- 10 years of experience or equivalent, including at least one role managing a software product line
- Effective people management skills with the desire to build + coach a stellar team
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative small-company environment
Our developers power the software that makes Square Root a successful company. Working in small scrum teams, developers focus on fast iterations to deliver value to our clients. Our developers’ extensive design and engineering experience is critical to the quality of our products and our ability to deliver elegant, highly scalable solutions. Although our primary focus is enterprise-class web development on an open source stack, our developers also get to dig into complex data representations and other technologies within a service-oriented architecture. We depend on our developers to be highly collaborative within the engineering group as well as with product managers and data scientists, so that Square Root defines and delivers the best solution possible.
If you have a passion for excellence, both in the code and the value it delivers to the user, you might be just who we’re looking for. Give us a shout.
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- A thirst for learning and understanding current development best practices, trends, and techniques
- Strength in full-stack web application development
- Experience in Ruby on Rails or strong interest to learn it
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and iterative delivery cycles
- UI/UX design experience a plus
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivation and an internal drive to produce high quality work
Analytics Platform Engineer Internship (Summer 2017)
Square Root is built on understanding our customers’ data more deeply than they do and our analytics platform engineers are a key part of that. In this internship, you’ll work alongside our team of platform engineers to take heterogeneous, unstructured data, mine it for insights, and apply it in novel ways to business problems. While you don’t need experience, you’ll need to be sharp and possess a genuine interest in using data to solve business problems. You should be eager to learn, able to adapt and perfect your work, + willing to seek out help and put it to good use. Having a tech background will serve you well here as we use a range of tools and technologies: AWS, Postgres, SQL Server, OLAP, bash, Python, R, Perl, etc. to help us make sense of messy data. Sound like your kind of challenge? Come join Square Root’s quest to make data management an ever-greater differentiator today!
- Seeking a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field
- Demonstrated background as a leader and technologist
- Desire to produce quality work
- Please include a cover letter detailing why you’re interested in Square Root and why you’d be a great fit here!
- This role is available beginning May 2017
We’re looking for a part-time marketing intern with a genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. Our intern will tackle all things marketing, including the fun stuff like external events and social media. At the end of the internship, this person should have a good snapshot of the sales and marketing functions plus have a sense for the day to day life at a startup. Each day here presents its own challenges, so, we need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task. Sound like you? If so let’s chat!
- Manage digital marketing programs, including PPC, display, and retargeting advertising
- Track and report monthly marketing activities across all programs
- Assist in the coordination of tradeshows and events
- Handle sales research and list development + CRM management and reporting
- Produce, edit, publish and measure content for the Square Root blog, ads, and social channels
- Assist as needed with additional marketing programs and activities
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate degree program graduate-level program
- Interest in future career in sales, marketing, or advertising
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, maniacal attention to detail, and desire to produce the highest quality work
- Relocation will not be covered for this position
- Please apply with a cover letter
- The start date is flexible for either Spring or Summer
Let's Keep in Touch
If we’re not hiring for your jam, but you’re interested in Square Root – send us your stuff here! This will get you in the mix for future gigs. We’re always looking to meet stellar folks that just might be future radicals! To help us identify the best place for you please add a cover letter with your resume. We want to know the basic 411 on you and what you’re looking for!
We hire for Customer Success, Data Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Enterprise Sales, HR, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
If we think there could be a fit at Square Root now or in the future we’ll drop you a line!APPLY NOW
Hear it straight from our radicals (aka the great folks of Square Root)!
We believe it’s important to create a great place to work. Our investment in our culture is award-winning! Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work named us the #2 Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S. and we’ve made their lists for great workplaces for women, technology, and flexibility.