You Want to Work Here
We love our work, and it shows. We collaborate and connect to build great relationships, a great culture, and a stellar product.
Benefits and perks? We’ve got you covered.
Does this sound like you?
VP Product Management
We’re establishing a new product space – Store Relationship Management (SRM) – with our product platform, CoEFFICIENT. We need a get-stuff-done product visionary to inspire and motivate Square Root to product/market fit while embracing our Customer-Inspired approach.
We’ve been working in Automotive for 10 years, and launched our Retail vertical last year, so we’re ready to level up our product efforts. We have big problems to solve and a huge green-field market in front of us that’s ours to win.
As VP of Product Management, you’ll set our vision and direction, refine our value proposition, hone our sale pitch, and manage our talented product management and design teams to define and deliver the next generation of CoEFFICIENT.
- Lead CoEFFICIENT from niche product to SRM market leader
- Lead our Product and Design team to thrive
- Rally Radicals across all departments around the product vision
- Bring us together to embrace experimentation, iterate and learn quickly, + improve continuously as we execute against the product roadmap
- Strong background in high-end enterprise SaaS: large deals, big impact, high touch sales, and customer success
- Experience with data-oriented products, and strong aptitude for using data to drive action
- Adeptness at working in a bootstrapped environment with a drive for both growth and ROI accountability
- Understanding of our customers and the business problems in the multi-unit Retail market
- 10 years of experience or equivalent, including at least one role managing a software product line
- Effective people management skills with the desire to build + coach a stellar team
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative small-company environment
Analytics Platform Engineer Internship (Summer 2017)
Square Root is built on understanding our customers’ data more deeply than they do and our analytics platform engineers are a key part of that. In this internship, you’ll work alongside our team of platform engineers to take heterogeneous, unstructured data, mine it for insights, and apply it in novel ways to business problems. While you don’t need experience, you’ll need to be sharp and possess a genuine interest in using data to solve business problems. You should be eager to learn, able to adapt and perfect your work, + willing to seek out help and put it to good use. Having a tech background will serve you well here as we use a range of tools and technologies: AWS, Postgres, SQL Server, OLAP, bash, Python, R, Perl, etc. to help us make sense of messy data. Sound like your kind of challenge? Come join Square Root’s quest to make data management an ever-greater differentiator today!
- Seeking a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field
- Demonstrated background as a leader and technologist
- Desire to produce quality work
- Please include a cover letter detailing why you’re interested in Square Root and why you’d be a great fit here!
- This role is available beginning May 2017
Customer Success Internship
Our customer success team is the toggle between our non-techie clients and our techie team. They handle new client implementation, account management, training, and everything in between. If it involves one of our users or buyers – they’re on the case! Now, they’re looking for an intern with a genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. Throughout the internship, this person will gain a good snapshot of the customer success function and learn about life at a startup. Each day here presents its own challenges, so, we need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task. Sound like you? If so, let’s chat!
- You’ll be supporting the customer success team. Some days that will mean diving into what feels like senseless data and sharing your findings back to the team. Other times it will be making travel arrangements or planning meetings. Whatever it is you’re excited for any opportunity to learn.
- You should be able to handle ambiguity. Not all tasks will be straightforward. Sometimes we don’t know what we’re looking for, but with a little elbow grease and a lot of research, you’re able to work through it.
- You possess superb verbal and written communication skills. Whether it’s writing user training, documenting product features, or speaking to a user – you’re able to adjust for the audience.
- You’ve held a position that required customer service skills. You’ll be in on customer calls and will often be the point of contact for follow-up. You’ll need to be warm and approachable.
- You have a background in project or event planning. You know the importance of maniacal attention to detail and have the motivation to produce high-quality work.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
- Microsoft Excel chops, preferably with a deep love of pivot tables
- Presentation know how including use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must be in the Austin metro area
- Please apply with a cover letter
Square Root Perks
- Paid. This is an ongoing, part-time, paid internship.
- Flexibility. Our office has no set hours, unlimited time off, and no dress code. This means we can easily work with your class schedule.
- Grow with us. Our internships offer folks the ability to learn how a company works, make an impact, and grow with us. Our past interns have set a pretty high bar, but we’ve seen them start programs still in place, transfer to other teams in the company, and receive full-time offers to name a few.
- Training. Kick off your internship with an immersive onboarding program. You’ll have a 1-on-1 with each department head including our CEO in your first few weeks to learn about their role, how it works in the company, and how you can work with them. + You’ll be invited to our Friday meetings where you’ll hear about a different topic each week.
- Good stuff. Oh and if you’re not already sold – we have lots of free jazz like snacks, drinks, lunches, and bootcamp sessions.
Let's Keep in Touch
If we’re not hiring for your jam, but you’re interested in Square Root – send us your stuff here! This will get you in the mix for future gigs. We’re always looking to meet stellar folks that just might be future radicals! To help us identify the best place for you please add a cover letter with your resume. We want to know the basic 411 on you and what you’re looking for!
We hire for Customer Success, Data Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Enterprise Sales, HR, Marketing, Operations, and Product Management.
If we think there could be a fit at Square Root now or in the future we’ll drop you a line!APPLY NOW
Hear it straight from our radicals (aka the great folks of Square Root)!
We believe it’s important to create a great place to work. Our investment in our culture is award-winning! Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work named us the #2 Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S. and we’ve made their lists for great workplaces for women, technology, and flexibility.